Saturday, June 6, 2009

There's so much to say about my trip that I know not where to start.
I ban myself from reading A's and K's blog so that I can provide another perspective of our trip (:


Important things to note:
- Dettol hand sanitiser is a must with Karen the MAMA making sure all of us use it every few hours
- Fully charged Ipod/Iphone is necessary for djd and I to have sing-along sessions during long bus rides
- FULLY CHARGED KAREN's PSP is NECESSARY to ensure that I can play final fantasy without it shutting down on me!!!
- 3 cameras are needed in order for us to break JY's record of over a 1000 photos taken for his HK trip
- Require awesome stomach to endure the bloatness that will follow after eating kimchi because of its natural process of fermentation
- Leg muscles needed to climb ALOT OF STAIRS and steep slopes and mountain(s)
- Strong hands needed for massaging purposes, after a long day of shopping
Here it goes:
Chapter One

28 May, 2205 Got stuck at the Immigration (scanning part), because of my bangles!
29 May, 0700 Reached Seoul, Incheon Airport
1st stop: Kimchi Making and Hanbok Dressup
Kimchi making involves stuffing the red fillings into each cabbage 'leaf" and we will wrap the whole 'red' cabbage into a BALL and stuff it into plastic bag. It was really fun!
We wore the hanbok as well.which made me look KOREAN-Y (I LOVE IT!)
Then we went to Ewha University aka womens street and OBVIOUSLY, ains and i shopped quite madly. Started buying clothes that cost around 10000 won!! But this was nothing compared to what we did at Dongdaemun.

I think we had lunch after that before going to the domestic airport-Gimpo Airport to take our 250 flight to Jeju.


Our pilot rocks! I think he exceeded the speed limit for airplanes because he took like less than an hour to reach Jeju (the journey should have been around 80mins?)! btw, I LOVE turbulence!
* Ms P, Jeju airport is the place where Jihoon fetched his wife for their parting trip!


Jeju
The roads at Jeju had all the Asean countries flags, billboards etc, to welcome the leaders who will be at the Summit on Jun 1 and 2. We went to the Teddy bear museum at Jeju: the teddies were all so soft and cuddly! and obviously, I'm too poor to buy one for myself! And this is the place where this Korean Granny came up to me when we were in the toilet and starting asking me ???? in korean. I assumed she was asking me if the other toilet has toilet paper so i just pointed at my toilet and nodded vigourously. not bad at all.

Most importantly, because of that summit, our original hotel-KAL hotel, was fully booked by reporters or sth..so we got to stay at this awesome resort with great VIEW, great ROOMS, YUMMILICIOUS FOOD! the place where I ATE THE BIGGEST AWESOMEST BREAKFAST EVER (sadly, only for 2 days)!!!

Anyway, this is also the place where I had to lug 2L bottle of water around the hotel/resort premises because of Ains's failed attempt to use the gym (which we found out that its only for hotel guests and NOT resort guests)

anyway, there will be more updates later on. Blogging the first and second day already took me so long!
Chapter Two (coming soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment